Sunday, April 15, 2012

stress really gets me moving..........

I think it's stress....well anyways. no point in bothering everyone with my issues. 

I wanted to show ya'll something I am very proud of.  I have never started from scratch to upholster anything......

So last month when the neighboring town had their citywide garage sale, of course I was going to go.  I found this little setee or bench.  I little rough around the edges that's for sure.  Must be 500 tacks in this thing.



Well, JB (my honey) thought I was a little koo koo.   Poor guy, this thing stayed in the living room for almost a month. 

Then out came the can of Annie Sloan old white,(and I still am not sure if I like that stuff or not.)  This was small so it worked out ok.....

Then today, I got out my giant piece of drop cloth.....I cut around 4 inches of the edges since it was already hemmed.  That was my ruffle. 

I made a mess of the dining room.






And here it is........

I stamped some french script ink onto some twill tape.  It turned out really nice.



 
It still needs a few more tacks, but it turned out pretty good.  Thanks to JB for cutting me a piece of plywood for the seat.

I also was on a roll yesterday and made this stuff for my Etsy shop.





Also made a bunch of tags and some Christmas stuff for Christmas in July.

Thanks to those who have left me comments.  I am fairly new to blogland and was about to give up on it and just be a looker.....but I think I will keep on going....for now.

Thanks ya'll! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, you were on a roll. Awesome job on the bench. Love your Etsy items too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Francie, what a gorgeous bench. Stamping the twill tape is genious, I know we can use that idea on a lot of projects. And you made pillows, hate that your stressed, but wow, it makes you super women!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.....that's an awesome re-do. I'm impressed with your sewing skills (pleats AND the printed tape...You rock, girl!....)
    Thanks so much for coming by and leaving a sweet comment on my blog and adding yourself as a follower. I'm going to do the same. We're practically neighbors....I grew up in Lake Jackson (now live near Houston Heights) and have been to Rosenberg many times. I'm going to check out your Etsy items now too. Glad to meet you and glad we are blog friends.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane,
    Don't give up! You are really good and your blog looks great. I love the transformation of your bench. Love the curve.

    If you want to increase your blog traffic, try joining Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays or Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesday or Common Ground's Vintage Fridays and many more.
    Also SITS is a great blogger network.

    Hang in there and you'll get more followers and more comments.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete