Monday, January 2, 2012

I made something today!

Fianlly got to craft a little bit.  A while ago, I bought a tutorial from Dawn at The Feathered Nest, her paper clay bird.  Well....mine did not look as grand as hers, but I realized something....I love that paper clay.

I purchased some doll face molds and tried my hand at that.  My first mold, the clay had to be dug out!  Then I used a release, baby powder and voila.....out it came.  Even though she was a little rough around the edges,  I decided she was a little cutie  regardless.  I painted her up and gave her a sweet litle dress made from an old hankie, and some vintage lace.  What do you think?



I wanted to make a bunch of these to sell in my Etsy store before Christmas, but with house hunting, packing, moving and unpacking, I just couldn't get anything done....

No comments:

Post a Comment