Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The newest addition has a name

My oldest daughter Terra and her fiance have now finally picked the name for their new baby girl expected to arrive on 9/11/12;

Her name will be Molly Kate.  I love it.  No matter what the name she will be loved and adored.

Here is more progress on the cradle that was all dark wood.  I painted it home made pink chalk paint, then dry brushed with white.  The inside is all white.  I'm still working on it....still needs more paint.




The lady hosting the shower in July is going to use it for decor. 

I plan on, making a lacy covered bed pillow as a mattress, and I also made this little head pillow from a vintage pillow case. 



But the cradle needs something.........

I thought of some sweet lettering maybe on the outside side edge.  Or inside on the back under the canopy.   Any ideas on what I could do to dress this up a little more.  I also had an idea of a lacy overhang.  What do you think.  After the baby shower, Mom does not want this (not her style nor does she have space) so I will be taking it to the antique mall for consignment. 

Thats it for now! 

Diane

BTW, I wonder where Dawn from the feathered nest is?  I read her blog every day and hope everything is ok for her and her family.  Maybe it s just the weather and they are hunkering down. .

2 comments:

  1. I love the name...so cute! And a girl, oh ya we love that. I think the cradle will be adorable. I can see something cute on the inside back of the cradle, a vintage graphic with "Hush little baby" or something like that. I don't know Dawn, but I just did a post this past Saturday, about a blogger that was missing and turned up. for some reason I have not yet figured out, her blog disappeared and she started a new one.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, you are so clever! That sounds perfect. xo, Diane

      Delete