Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sandy

Our little dog....she is a chihuahua and rat terrier mix and what a pistol she is!
I found her as a puppy in the parking lot of a local grocery store.  She was there begging me to take her home.  Our other dog Dottie(who is now in heaven having the time of her life) was killed by some neighborhood bully dogs.  This came at a time in our lives where my husband had just come home from a 3 month stay in the hospital.  Needless to say, being diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma is frightening enough, then to have your blessed dog killed when you so want to have that comfort of your pet....well....it was just awful.

So I found Sandy, there in that parking lot with her brothers and sisters.  I had to have her for John.
I ran into the store for some puppy chow, stuck her in my purse, got home and out popped her head!!!!  I did not know if it was too soon following the death of Dottie, but hey, I wanted my husband to get well, and keep his mind off his condition.  It was love at first sight.  They are the best of friends.

That was 3 years ago.  Sandy just celebrated her third birthday, and John is still doing very well.  He gets chemotherapy every week.  She is so spoiled.  And smart!!!

That is Sandy......

Diane  

No comments:

Post a Comment